Performance Tuning: –
Increasing the performance of any engine will exert additional stresses that engines wouldn’t normally undergo. That’s not to say that it is harmful to the engine for the simple fact that ALL engines are designed to create “Stress”, or “Torque” as it is more commonly known. All modern engines are immensely durable and strong, so we design our remaps to remain well within the design spec of the engine. This therefore means that in most cases the vehicle will be well within tolerance even when modified. In saying this, remaps have an uncanny way of finding the “weak links” as such, and can highlight components that are about to fail or operating out of spec. You must be aware that performance tuning has the ability to highlight issues earlier than the standard map would, and as such you accept this as your responsibility as the vehicle owner. Its for you to decide if your vehicle is ‘remap ready’ and fit to be tuned. The before and after figures quoted are for illustration purposes only and are not guaranteed. The reason is this assumes that your vehicle is producing the claimed standard power to begin with. It is accepted fact that vehicles naturally reduce in power over time with age and mileage and how they have been maintained over that time. Although we can guarantee an increase, as with all remaps results may vary.
We will not be held responsible for any accidents, damages, faults, or legal claims as a result of the enhanced performance of the vehicle. The user is also warned that the vehicle performance will be increased after installation of the remap ecu software, and due care should be taken by the user in order to adjust to the new levels of performance.
Advanced Tuning operates the following terms and conditions with reference to all performance modifications whether done direct or through our dealer network.
We provide a lifetime warranty on the software against any bugs, corruption or necessary updates. There may be a call out charge applicable if carried out on our mobile services or an hourly fee if through our dealer network. This is not transferable and is only valid for the original purchaser.
Advanced Tuning hold no liability for mechanical cover as the nature of performance tuning entails that additional stresses are exerted in order to achieve the power gains. Additional information on particular items is highlighted below:
· Turbo – A turbo is a consumable item and can fail even on brand new vehicles running standard tune engines, they can last from 10k miles up to 150k miles and there is no indication of longevity, due to the high rpm’s they operate at a simple small weakness can cause failure. When performance tuning we utilise a very small boost increase which is within the specs of the turbo, this does however have the potential to highlight any weakness’ and can, although very rare, cause the turbo to fail. This is extremely infrequent however we can not be held liable in this instance.
· Clutch – The life of a clutch can vary hugely depending on the predominant use, for instance a car used mainly in town will wear the thrust bearing and pressure plate much quicker than a vehicle used predominantly on the motorway. The clutch will undergo additional stress when modified and as such it is not uncommon for it to highlight any weakness in the clutch operation.
Company Website Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We as a company endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about performance figure accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or the products it promotes.
If through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
It is common for the DPF failure to be a direct result of a chain reaction from multiple component failure. EGR valves, Temp, Lambda, Pressure sensors, Injector Wear, Turbo wear and leaking oil seals being just a few of the root causes of DPF blockage and failure. Therfore when you request us to perform a ‘dpf delete’ and filter removal from your vehicle you have to accept that it is likely your vehicle may still have underlying problems and that the DPF failure may be just one of many associated issues that need further work in addition to the ‘dpf delete’ process. This extra work is not included as part of the dpf delete process. Our liability is limited to the 3 points below (Definition of DPF delete). For the purposes of clarity any further diagnosis in to the causation and subsequent rectification of any remaining underlying issues will be classed as additional work and not part of the DPF delete process
We define a DPF delete is the process to acheive the 3 points below
- Remove the effected DPF filter
- Modify the ECU to Prevent future regenerations after the blocked filter is removed
- Modify the ECU to bring your car out of limp mode and turn off error codes and DPF dash warning lights, *subject to sensors operating correctly
Customer opting to remove their own filter
Our guarantee is void when the customer opts to remove the filter phyical themselves thereby taking a crucial part of the process from our expert control.